Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cold Tater

 
This tree is way in the back of the Miami Greyhound Bus parking lot. I think its on acid. No idea what it actually is, but I almost missed the bus because I couldn’t tear myself away from staring at it and trying to figure out what I was looking at. Baobab?
I’m going back into my photos for stuff I should have posted at the time but this was on my phone and I didn’t figure out how to download en masse until well after I got back to Portland. To keep us all happy while I figure out the video.

This flower was the thing that made me start thinking seriously about the tropics. Just casually growing on the parking strip behind the fence between the bus depot and 18 th street, a gravel road through the down-at-the-heels industrial neighborhood where the bus station is. What I dug about it is that the tree and the flowers are just in the back yard in kind of a throwaway spot and they are bloody gorgeous and exotic as hell and this is the shit they throw away. Like the old John X song about the man who lost his stash in the trash. He hears a knock on the door and it’s the garbage man, who hems and haws and finally says “Look, man, I found your weed in the trash, man, and I smoked it, man, and if that’s the shit you throw away, man, can I try some of the shit that you keep?”

No comments:

Post a Comment