Saturday, November 5, 2011

The New Is Better Than The Old

Five years after all the shit that hit the fan in New Orleans was over this is what the bus depot looks like. Ish drove me around the city and we found some abandoned properties in the lower 9th ward. Not very many of them to be sure, and I felt like a vulture scouring the place for  fucked up shit. I have to be honest, those poor bastards did a hell of a job fixing shit up. You wouldn't hardly know what happened if you didn't know what happened. Its just not quite as densely populated as I remember it from the one time in early 69 that I drove through there with Rick DuPuis right after he got back from Viet Nam.
This place is unlike the rest of the town, it is neat as a pin, polished, shiny, crispy looking. Ish's house is also like that but very little else is.

No comments:

Post a Comment