Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ex-Husband

Ish is my ex-husband I visited in New Orleans. I hasdn’t seen her in thirty years more or less, but that didn’t seem to make too much difference. We got along like a house on fire, we always did.
When Facebook says “its complicated” they don’t even know. Ish and me were actually married for a couple years back in the 70s. It was a political thing and a friendship thing and I would do it again only now it would be illegal in most places. See, me and K Isheim we don’t do that gender bullshit, we got our own system.
Back when I was an angry young man I was extremely alienated from the American culture. I’ve grown to accept it but back then it could take a flying fuck and I would have been happier. Ish was in the US Army, fully functional, but as a practicing Lesbian she operated under severe constraints. That was where I came in. We got married to take the heat off her a little bit and so she could live off post with her girlfriend. Me, I dug the dependant's allowance Ish sent me every month. We never had a harsh word.
Then I got serious about a girl and me and Ish filed the paperwork for divorce and we gradually lost touch over the ensuing years while we both had careers, lived lives, and had our heartaches and triumph separately.
Now I’m a chick which means most states wouldn’t let us remarry, that is, if we wanted, which we don’t, me not being Ish’s particular type, which is kind of the blond surfer look. Ish gets around. She has pulled some major babes in her time. Me, I’m happy to be out of the mix. And the more I adjust to actually being a woman the  more interesting men have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment