Saturday, May 5, 2012

Stumptown Attitude

 From: "Heidi Dillenbach" <info@spiceandtea.com>
To: "The Spice & Tea Exchange" <info@spiceandtea.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 4:50:02 PM
Subject: Message from The Spice & Tea Exchange

From:        Heidi Dillenbach
Email:       

------------------------------------------------------

I am deeply disappointed in my dealings with your store staff today, May2.
Last Christmas I bought a mortar/pestle from your store. It is the kind with
a full pestle that fits in a rounded bowl. I don't like it for grinding
spices, the effort is spread out too much and it wont shred things like
fenugreek or rosemary or cumin or even sage. I went in the store today to
see what can be done and the fellow pretty much told me tough luck, to pick
up the little rosemary leaves and pre-cut them with scissors,that he would
not sell me another pestle and that he would not take this one back. I
suspected when I bought it that this might happen but the store guy said it
would work great and I would like it. It doesn't, and I don't, and it is
humiliating to be treated like this. This fellow today acted like I was
stupid and that I was trying to get away with something.Please help me get
some satisfaction. Remember the TQM rule, that your suppliers will treat you
like you treat your smallest customers.

_________________________________________________________
The next day I get this from corporate HQ

Hello Heidi-
I apologize for the experience you had at one of our stores.  As the mortar & pestle you purchased did not meet with your expectations, we will absolutely exchange it for another or refund your purchase.  I realize how frustrated you must feel and would like to get your situation rectified as soon as possible. 
Your email has reached us here at our Distribution Center in FL, can you tell me in which store you made your purchase? 
I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make this situation right and look forward to hearing from you soon. 
Sincerely,
Jen Hand
The Spice & Tea Exchange Distribution Center
St. Augustine, FL




No comments:

Post a Comment