Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I like it like that!

My life is really really boring. This blog suffers for it, even though I am quite content.
If you are as tired as I am of endless medical updates then you're gonna have a bad time. If you hate sailboats, you will be disappoint. And if you are in recovery like I am you will be glad I'm not on here complaining about or making fun of the program or of people in the program, by far the more entertaining of those two options, because anonymity, that's why.
Even though they said Monday my hematocrit and red blood count were fine, Tue I get a call that the RBC is below the line and I have to drop my Ribavirin dosage.
This is why it is a drag to catch your healthcare providers in a lie.  I dont believe a fucking word that fat dunderhead says, and I hate the idea of dropping that dosage because that is what fucked me up last time. They say it wont hurt the outcomes with the triple Tx so I'm gonna do it for right now but I want to know why not procrit?
And another week is gone by and no work on the boat. All I need is a couple of decent days to some prep, and the one really nice day to put on some Cetol, which is a varnish substitute. And the same snotty yachties that never leave the dock are all, when I say "Nice varnish" they're all "That's not varnish its cetol and I'm like, no, that's your asshole."
So I went to a party at Danny's on Saturday after MxM, Trina's birthday, 23 I believe. Great food, all the serious people in the program, good conversations, lots of love. I did notice there were not too many black people, though, no Jackie or Harrison or even that lovable nutbag Pamela, or Tyrone the world's most thoughtful African American Man. Oh, well.
I did have a sit down with Trina, who is one of those people that intimidate me to the point of incoherence, and I came away with an improved sense of who she is and also feeling I finally might have made a positive impression on her and her friends. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment