Thursday, May 24, 2012

Poopy Day

Rain rain rain...
Ross came and got me this morning in his beat up little ford pickup and took me out to the marina. The place was a pigsty.
Good news though was that the hatchcover seems to be shedding water. Nice.
With no boom tent the whole cabin top is exposed to the rain. The starboard house top leaks a bit around one of the port lights, those silly oval looking things they put in modern sailboats. So the little shelf behind the settee had some water in there, but nothing really got wet.
So the first thing was to mop it up, which led to a general mopping up of the cabin and the galley, which has been so jammed with shit the whole time that the shelves never really got clean. Now its all empty so I ragged it up and boiled some water and ragged it up some more.
Rain rain rain...so I got on my oilers and I went out and hung the boom tent and then pulled all the blue tape I left last week when I varnished. The varnish looks good!
There was a ton of stuff in the cabin to go to the dumpster. And to put away.
Now if I get a prospective buyer I wont have to cringe..
Then about 2:30 Ross came back with his little 97 horsepower battered blue Ford pickup and guess what ? He picked me up!
Home for meds.
Not bad for a poopy day

No comments:

Post a Comment