Friday, May 11, 2012

The Natural

Tuesday was a very nice day. I got a bit of sunburn, especially on the tops of my ears and especially especially the little stripe of naked white scalp where my hair is parted. Ouch. Not naked white any more.
We were working on the boat all day, and Bob my brother worked way harder than me to get some of the teak ready for varnish. And then he swept and dusted and it just looks great now. I'm planning a trip to Sextons tomorrow to get the material.
That's the chandlery out on the very end of Hayden island, actually Tomahawk island to the east of Jantzen Beach. Irony being that I can catch a #6 bus in Goose Hollow that takes me all the way there and back.
And, a side note, I had a lovely and informative lunch with the candidate today, unplanned. She is even cooler than I thought. And smart, but she has that natural gift of making you feel that she is very interested in what you are saying and not appearing to be aware that she is doing it, to the point where I believe she was actually very interested in what I had to say, and you can't buy that with PAC money, and they don't teach it in school. She's a natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment