Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Party Line

Casa Colima on SW Capitol Highway in Hillsdale was the scene tonight of a gala socio-political event tonight for supporters of  Sharon Meieran. The professional politicos and the friends and colleagues of this remarkable woman got together for Margueritas and Tapas and conversation mostly about the paucity of information about the election results.
I wasn't going to go but I got a second wind when the sun went down so I bused on over there. I'm glad I did. I got to meet and to chat for a few minutes with Sharon's Mom, a wonderful woman and another smart cookie as well. It was good to see Sharon again, and to pay my respects to the campaign staff. And the I bailed out and just by the skin of my teeth caught the last bus rolling and I had good bus-luck all the way home.
I don't know that her campaign did anything wrong, but it is hard to compete with the machine that her opponent represents, the old-time Oregon labor/lefty party organization. I think Ms Williamson paid a lot of dues over the years, and cultivated the right associations, and I would be willing to believe she fielded more volunteers and better paid staff.  I think she will make a fine representative and If she indeed wins this primary I shall support her enthusiastically in any way I can.
It looks like we didn't win, but I am glad Sharon ran a positive campaign, and it was a treat to make her acquaintance. I hope the future rewards her with more responsibility, Oregon as a community and Oregon as an idea need people like her, even better Oregon needs her specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment