Friday, October 14, 2011

Sacramento letdown


This is a lot like being in jail. Sacramento. Big cement-floored room with torpid travelers watched over by large indifferent men in uniforms. TV on, too loud, echoing. Me trying to do something else.
I ran into two ladies, dreadlocked middle aged black ladies by the way, with Discovery Passes, headed to New York. They will learn. Faux pas # 1, watching a movie without headphones. She was a bit offended when I objected, but she will learn. Good Luck Ladies, I hope you are still friends when it’s over.
My side trip is also over. It went like clockwork. Up I-5 to Los Banos, then through the Salinas Valley to San Jose, to Oakland to San Fransco, the Bay bridge spectacular in the early evening, the new little bus depot in Frisco a sad ending to an era yet a nicer place to do business. Turned right around and back over the Bay Bridge to Oakland and so on and so forth and here we are, layover until 2 am charging the batteries fine by me.
Desperately in need of a shower, clean clothes, and a series of enormous bowel movements. Let’s just say its been since the other side of the Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment