Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Stones

I must have been a crow in a past life I always notice shiny things in the street or on the sidewalk, out of the corner of my eye. There's a big work table in my little apartment where they wind up, safe and warm and appreciated if not always utilized.
My pal Maggi and I were leaving Providence Hospital one Sunday morning after our NA meeting, and I saw something shiny on the haystack sized  pile of rectangular hay bales of granite block  in the courtyard of the new cancer treatment center
It took all my years of sobriety and my efforts at ethical regeneration to leave this where I found it.

 . Turns out that pile of stone is actually supposed to be a fountain. They put a lot of money into these new buildings, and it is nice that they added some art. Although the whole effect is rather bleak, angular, austere,  it is still winter or it was at the time anyway and maybe later on they will turn the water back on and we will have a bit of a gurgling rivulet for this little turtle when he warms up enough to move about and maybe even go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment