Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Fat of the Land

I did some arithmetic. These pills cost 18k for a month. I take 6 a day. That's 180 per month, and it works out to exactkly a hundie a pill. I love that. For some reason I find that intensely gratifying, and symmetrical, and fairly brimming with ironic unity.
The silver lining is not, in fact, silver, it is saturated fat congealed inside my brains.
Every dose of hundies, 2 at a time, has to be accompanied by 20 grams of fat. I now read labels, and I'm telling you this is a disgusting unnatural and morbid requirement. I would NEVER allow myself to eat this shit otherwise.
These are the husks of this week's madness, plus the shit I can't show you, a box of the cutest little custom glass outfits you ever saw. They have this little hinged point protector/scabbard thingie you just fold up and wham, no needle sticks as you go for the sharps container. And then there's Ribovirin. Don't get me started on that shit we would be here all day.
20 grams of fat is a big glass of whole milk with 2 shots of half-and-half added.
It's a peanut butter sandwich with butter on both breads and peanut butter in the middle.
It's one and a half bun-sized wieners.
You cant just eat the fat. It has to have a matrix. Usually starch or sugar. Cake. Potato chips.
CHEESE.
I keep saying I'm just gonna do shots of olive oil. I even got the shot glass out from behind the coffee cups.
I'm not there yet,
But I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment