Monday, January 16, 2012

Losing Sleep

This is in NW Portland the amazing thing is actual payphones! Analogue! 2008 was a fun winter for sure.
I think this is Cissy Johnson getting all meta in the streetlights at 10 PM we were ghetto sledding with Miranda and Pete way up
 at the end of Lovejoy street where it dead-ends into the west hills. It was steep and fast and we had improvised sleds of storage totes and garbage bags and one actual snow saucer. It was a beautiful night cold and clear and happy.
Then in a week or so the snowpiles got all icky and fantastical this was 12th & Washington at the bus stop. The photo below shows you what can happen to a century plant when the century comes around it was over by Good Sam I dont think it survived.
 I keep waking up in the middle of the night expecting to see this again when I look out my window. Not happening. This is NW Portland and the tv weather guys are all jacking us up for a winter weather event.
 Which keeps on not happening. This a weird winter so far anyway it never hardly rained in December at all. And so far January is also being a dick about it.
Like some story book wonderland the place went nuts and there was this stuff on the ground for more than a week. I had a good time hiking around and feeling all vigorous and when I got cold there was plenty of hot water for a long soak in the tub. It did get old after a while but it was a lot of fun. I hope it snows tonight. I got my lynx-fur parka and my homemade ughg liners handy and the battery in my camera is fully charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment