Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fat Girl

Me.
Definitely.
When I checked in to the hospital in Phuket I weighed a hair over 90 kilos. That's an unmeasurable little tiny bit under 200pounds. Dr Sanguan looked at me funny when I asked him to do liposuction around my tummy and thighs and back-arms,  oh yes, the pendulous back-arms I can see Grandma Thorp in the kitchen mixing biscuits back-arms a-flappin' let me see where was I...
 Dr Sanguan, bless his little slant-eyed heart did not laugh. He thought a minute and then he said "Why?" He went on, "Heidi Sue you are basically built like a barrel, and nothing I can do will change that." So I passed on the lipo but instead I had a massive attack of ulcerative colitis and couldn't eat for nearly 3 weeks I'm not kidding and I checked outweighing 80 k which is 178lbs, very nice, thank you, very nice indeed.
I like to say that weight loss represents the massive male member Dr Sanguan removed but we all know that's a lie.
I judge how fat I am by how my black jeans fit and this Sept they were a bit loose and I had to make another hole in my black policeman's belt.
Now in order to get them over my massive thighs I have to first go into denial and then wiggle and squat a couple of times and then if I don't shit myself in the process I can at length get them over my ass and then a few more squats and letting all the air out I can button the waistband and zip the zip. You can't go on a Christmas baking spree, 3 batches of sugar cookies with frosting and two fruitcakes and an apple pie followed by two chocolate birthday cakes in January with chocolate butter frosting and expect any different. Sometimes late at night when the world has finally gone quiet if I listen very carefully I can hear my thighs growing like a field of July Corn a faint squeak and a rustling sound as the fat cells fill like popping corn of cellulite.
I'm a fat girl again.
I don't like it.
Help is on the way, though, and I'm not going to like that either. I'm starting the triple therapy interferon/ribovirin/Tesaclavil regimen in March. It's for 6 months, weekly shots and constant nausea and rashes and depression and hair falling out the whole magilla.
But I will lose weight like a cheerleader hooked on magnesium citrate.
Last time I did interferon I got down to 146 and I can't wait to get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment