Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Boo Hoo

The Fourth was about the only nice day in the whole stupid month of July last year. Not really Bikini weather but I made do. It was really pretty nice but not one of those days where you have to get naked as possible and then jump overboard as a  mental health issue.


 But the guys at my marina were doing some day sailing in Multnomah Channel even though it is narrow like a drainage ditch or the ICW down on the gulf and all you do is tack and tack some more. I suppose that's good for a crew and so since I am the crew I forced myself to get into my good old Tahiti Print 2-piece and hit the ditch. I can't let the men make me look lazy even if I actually am I have a reputation to live up to.
 My buddy Lynn lives on a very nice trawler style yacht parked way out on the end of the dock so she took my camera and made a couple of pictures as I went by it doesn't look like much going downwind but with that big Genoa headsail you keep pretty busy with the sails out one on each side like that.


I took this photo into MS Paint and blew it way up and made some white pixels for teeth, turns out my mouth is exactly four pixels wide and so there's three white pixels and a pink one to give it a natural look.
The Boo Hoo part is that, come spring, I'm selling my little money pit, Felicity Jane.
Yachting is expensive. I want out.

No comments:

Post a Comment