Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Fine Day

Oh it was beautiful today out at River's working on the dory. The sun came out but it wasn't too hot, and I had all the tools I needed, plus what Bob dug up from his stash. I got all the seams reefed out finally. The last guy used rubber caulking which is a total dick-ass bitch to get out of there. Finally got her brushed out and flaked out and then mixed up some special poison primer to dredge way down in the cracks.
1 part millers porch paint, and one goober-slash of copper bottom paint and a guzzle of turpentine and a couple spoons of minium Red Lead pure pigment and I sloshed her in there all jam-up with a cheap bristle brush. It was hot enough that the shit went off right away looking very nice.
Then we had a cleanup and then me and Bob Rivers laid around and watched Gunsmoke on the western rerun channel and the the bus picked me up 15 minutes early and brought me straight home.
Tired, sunburned, and happy.
It was a fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment