Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not quite

The sun did come out today and now I am tired and burnt to a crisp after my new pal Steve James and I motored up the channel to Scappoose to get the dory.
One lung deisel Penta chugga chugg pop-pop all the way just fine.
Rolled her off the edge of Rivers' deck on soft fenders, Steve's idea, leveraged the stern over the edge come to find out the transom board leaks like a bastard fortunately it is normally out of the water.
We tried towing on a string, but with no keel she sea-horsed all over the place which ceased when we brought her up on the hip. It was a long ride back to Fred's Marina.
Sun in the face the whole way.
Bandanna on my head so I might not lose any scalp, but my face feels flame-crafted like a Xmas Ham.
The other thing is that Jan V raised my sonofabitching Ribavirin dosage again just when I was getting my strength back thx to the Procrit, but not any more, that stuff is wicked. I'm sagging again.
Which is why I'm so effing tired.
I'll tell you another thing, that dory is BIG and she don't turn on a dime like the dinghy and those oars are long and heavy and it takes work to go anyplace. You get going you are better off not changing directions without a darn good reason. It's just too expensive, personally.
All the way down the channel, 2 1/2 hours, less than a quart of water came in.
Yep
Not quite watertight but plenty close

No comments:

Post a Comment