Saturday, July 21, 2012

Art

So I finally got off my ass and loaded the few photographs I made during the dory project. That gave me an editorial dilemma. Could I in editorial honesty go back and add art to the appropriate posts?
Maybe it would be better, I thought, to just post the art here so that folks who didn't want to go back could see them. And so it didnt look like I was trying to pretend that the art was there all along.
I think too much.
The cotton yarn isn't even twisted it is just strands of raw cotton that you can cram down in the seams so that when it gets wet it swells up a little and jams itself in there to form a seal.  With the seaming compound on top it really does stop the water.

I made up some primer out of Miller porch and deck paint, some Petit copper bronze hard paint and a little turpentine. I put some red lead pigment powder in there as well just to be as unwelcoming as possible to marine organisms large and particularly small.

There's also a movie in the works about the work on the dory.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment