Monday, June 18, 2012

The Grand Banks Dory Fiasco: UPDATE


Went to Seattle today to make a deal. Nice boat for sure


image 0


I'm trying to find a way to get this thing to Portland and it seems like robbing fort knox with a capgun. Its just not happening. It is a nice boat, I have the money, but no way to actually physically go get it.
very sad thing...
Update 23d June
Got a couple of plans cooking, looks good to have my new old dory here next week. My friends finally rallied like I knew they would...
Reminds me of the time Spike and Dee and I went up to fern ridge to steal my new 24' racer off the lake .Spike's big 3/4 ton chev, and the great galvanized trailer driving back down the Siuslaw with the thing tied down like a bastard.The harbormaster got really mad about it, some moorage was owing and I didnt give a shit and never went back.
And then there was the time I borrowed Chris Crew's half ton short bed to get the Crab Skiff at Langlois, we set the nose up on the cab and the stern wedged in behind the tailgate. The skiff was 16 feet long so it stuck way up high, but I was the same then as now and a half a mile of rope cinched her down like a drum...Ah the day...it aint over yet
Anyway Ross has got a Ranger pickup and Dave lent us his little trailer so we're good to go, and if that dont work I got rezzies on a Uhaul box van...Oh Yeah, we got this...

No comments:

Post a Comment