Thursday, June 14, 2012

Definite Maybe

So this guy calls me Monday about the boat.
I put it on Craigslist May 22 thereabouts which took some headscratching and adjusting but it is a nice ad. Unfortunately there was another Ericson 27 for a good deal less money that went on at the same time. Mine is, however, a much nicer boat, and I put together another blog with a ton of photos and a kind of a manual for Felicity Jane with a lot of sailor talk and general saltiness discussing the gear. Nothing you havent seen before.
My good pal Wheeler Dealer Dave lives out by the marina, and he agreed to show this fellow the boat, which happened on Tuesday. They spent an agreeable hour poking around and dragging out the sails and the gear and having a good time.
Yesterday he called with a rather low offer, but I could tell he was already besotted with boat-love. I stuck to my guns for the most part. I did come down some on the money, but I had to insist on keeping his feet to the fire in a not unpleasant way, more like encouraging a favorite child to finish his potatoes before dessert.
He called back again last night full of plans to get the dough saying it might take a week and I was kind and helpful and agreed to not go out from under him, to give him first refusal if I got another offer.
It's a bit of a roller coaster, first I was in despair about not getting any calls, then excited to have a nibble, then sad about letting go of the boat which has been such a wonderful thing in my life, then, lat night, empty and lost because I always heard if you don't close you wont close, if they walk they're gone, etc I never sold anything in my life.
I wondered if I would ever hear from him again.
But I did.
He's on his way out there to look again with WDD, and we are talking about closing tomorrow.
Now I gotta figure out some logistics.
A few minutes ago I laid down for a nap, but I'm not sleepy anymore.
This is exciting shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment