Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hitting Bottom

 The little white and blue sailboat way in the back is Felicity Jane my lovely moneypit shown here standing in the Ilwaco Shipyard in June of 2009 where I spent three days scraping and painting her bottom.
 This is an obviously posed photo of me supposedly at work. You can tell it is fake my clothes are perfectly clean, the bottom has already been painted brick red so why the eff would I be sanding on a part of the hull that doesn't even get paint anyway? But I do look good and serious and competent.
 Actually I was just killing time until the travellift came to pick me up and put me back in the water. 3 days was all it took
The stupid little weak looking rope across there just holds the weak looking stanchions from splaying outward with the weight of the boat which is 6,600 lbs for those of you keeping score at home.
The travel lift is very powerful and it really didn't notice the weight. Still, it is a scary thing. The Ilwaco shipyard is a great place to work on your boat
I had such a crush on this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment